Monday 22 April 2013

Fruit modification experiment































For these experiments I used photographs of fruit and photoshop  I used the lasso tool to select the part of the image that I wanted to move to the second image. I then dragged it into the window of the other photograph and duplicated it and arranged it so that it gave the desired effect. I enjoyed doing this experiment because after my first attempt i got the hang of it and it became very quick and simple to get the desired outcome that i was aiming for. the first image was harder to create as I wasn't completely sure of how to do what i wanted but after that it was easy to do. I could improve this idea/experiment by using more interesting and unusual fruit to make it look more interesting. I would like to use this technique again and maybe use some different objects or even photographs of people to improve on the outcome.

I got the idea for this experiment from the idea of genetic modification and changing something to make it 'perfect'. After reading an article about this I searched for artists that used this idea in their work. I came across a photographer called Elena Kozlova who merged a lemon and A lime, Shown below:















This inspired me to do a similar thing but instead I decided to use the inside of fruit.
My initial idea was to make people think when they looked at the piece because its not something you see everyday. I think that my experiment turned out well and I could develop this by merging more than two fruit or by merging fruit with other objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment