Tuesday 7 May 2013

Exam review

Exam Review







  • What are the themes and starting points you have followed? (breadth of ideas)
  • The themes and starting points that i followed throughout the exam unit are;
    -The five senses
    For this I experimented with the inside of the body and bringing it to the outside of the body:

























    I did both digital and Darkroom experiments for this idea and I also used embroidery to enhance my images.
    -Spaces









     






    I used photoshop to fill in the empty spaces in my photographs. I did this by taking photographs of things typically associated with outdoors such as grass, bark and flowers, I cut around parts of the photo with the lasso tool then I dragged them onto my photographs of empty spaces found indoors and filled in the spaces. 









  • How have your ideas changed? (development of ideas)  
  • When I started experimenting with these ideas my ideas were pretty much as basic as they could be but once I tried out different things I got more ideas of how to make my ideas better and more interesting.
  • What experiments have you followed and show best experiments (records of experiments)

  • I folowed a few YouTube tutorials inspired by artists thata inspired my work and experiments;
    -Skull experiment;























    -Double exposure;















    • What experiments have been successful/not successful and why? (understanding of materials and their potentials and limitations)

    I did an experiment using stencils and sunlight, this was not at all successful as the sunlight wasnt strong enough. I would like to try this again once it's sunny again. To improve this experiment I will use diffrent types of emultion to cote the paper giving it a better chance of working. I will also follow a different set of instructions just incase the once I followed before were not right. Here are the stencils that I cut by hand, I used skulls and the human body as it relates to other themes and experiments that I have explored:




    • What experiments, techniques and materials do you want to develop further? (refinement of ideas / experiments)
    I would like to do more Darkroom experiments like handmade negatives like these;



















    I would also like to re-do my Anthotypes experiment as that didn't work when I first tried it.







  • What artists have you looked at and what artists have you found yourself, which ones are you following now/most, show visual clues/work (connections to the work of others)   
  • The majority of my work has been highly influenced by Matthew Cox' work, I have looked at much of his work but the project that stands out to  me the most is where he stitched into x-rays completing the picture to show what was on the outside of the bones. This is the direction I would like to see my work go in. 
     





  • Exam plan - what do you want to do in the 2 weeks when we come back before the exam? THIS MUST BE DETAILED.
  • I plan to experiment with my final idea by making an exam mock up, I will make a practice cyanotype and begin to try a few things out with it. 

    1 comment: