Monday 18 March 2013

Darkroom



Handmade negatives





































For these experiments I used salt, washing-up liquid bubbles and Vaseline smeared onto acetate. I placed them on top of my photographic paper before exposing them. I then exposed them on aperture 11 for 5.5 seconds.  

Acetate photograms






























For these experiments I used my photographs and diagrams that I had previously photocopied on to acetate to make photograms. I decided to do this because I couldn't get hold of any real X-rays this was the closest I could get to making my own. Each one was exposed at aperture 11 for 6 seconds. I plan to sew into a few of these prints to give them colour and texture. 

Double exposures 


































This image was made by laying two of my acetate photocopies on top of each other and exposing them onto photo paper. I used a skeleton and a heart but it didn't work very well.

Enlargements in the negative carrier



























For this idea I put my acetate sheets into the negative carrier, this enlarged certain parts of the image, I then exposed it at aperture 11 for 5 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment