Wednesday 20 March 2013

Darkroom experiments































The photographs above include handmade negatives, I made these by putting washing up liquid, water, rice and salt on top on a square of cellophane I then placed it on top on the unexposed paper and expose my prints as normal. These were the end results. I am pleased with my outcomes but if I did it again I would improve them by using different things on my handmade negatives like jam for example. I found this experiment quite easy to do and enjoyed doing it. 









































I created these two images in the darkroom, I did this by making a sugar paper stencil, cutting a rectangle out of the middle, I then placed the rectangle onto the photographic paper while exposing, I then used the other half of the stencil and exposed the photo again but out of focus. this created an image within an image effect.
I enjoyed this experiment because it was something new and different that I had never tried before. I got inspiration for this idea from an artist called Richard Koenig, his work is shown below;

















If I was to try this experiment again I would take more time in making interesting and creative stencils to make my outcomes look more interesting. 





This series of images are tracing paper print outs of photographs I previously had taken, I then used the negatives in the negative carrier and exposed them as normal onto photographic paper paper as below;
These were all exposed for three seconds at aperture 11. 











































No comments:

Post a Comment