Thursday 13 September 2012

In-depth analysis of Florian Imgrund
















This photograph was taken by Florian Imgrund, a German photographer who got his first film camera in only 2010, all of his double exposures are done without the use of Photoshop and he often merges humans with landscapes. I like this image and have chosen to analyse it because it relates to my theme of portraits but also brings another aspect, landscapes, to it.
Here is a link to a website I found his work on: http://tffsf.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/photography-by-florian-imgrund/
His photographs are in black and white, I think this makes them look better than they would in colour and add a cold effect to the photographs. The strong contrast between the black and the white adds texture to the image and distinct yet somewhat hidden layers that have been blurred into one.
I have chosen to look at and analyse this photograph and artist because I like the style of the images and I think they are very clever and thought about. Also the human part of the image links to my portraiture theme, so it could be an experiment I could try. My first reaction to this image was that it was very interesting to look at and the more I focused on it the more distinctive the layers became, where as at a quick glance it looks like one layer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment