Tuesday 26 March 2013

Collage techniques























































































I made these collages by cutting up photographs and magazine images and arranging them on paper, I got a friend to film a stop frame animation of the college while I was making it, this make two outcomes instead of just the one collage. I did three different collage's:
The first one I used my own images from a trip to Trafalgar square and cut them into diagonal strips, I then arranged them onto black card so that the colours in the photographs stand out.
For the second one I worked in a group to create a larger scale collage, for this I used magazine images as well as my own, we also added paint to the paper.
For the third collage we made an Exquisite corpse, this involved us taking it in turns to add a body part and ending up with one whole body at the end.
The last stop frame animation I made at home as an extension task, I cut circles from a magazine and make a stop frame of me arranging them as a collage.
The final image is a collage I already made but then cut the same diagonal strips out of the image but the otherway around to make another collage.
I enjoyed doing these experiments as they were fun to make and I enjoyed learning about stop frame animations and how to make them as I thought this technique brought our collages to life. I found them quite simple to create, to enhance these experiments I would do them again but take more time to cut out more interesting shapes and arrange them in a detailed and creative way. I would like to work with these techniques again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment